A digital marketing strategy is not only for established and giant brands. Even small businesses must have a marketing plan in place that can help them harness the power of digital technology.
If you are one of the latter, you must know all about Pay-Per-Click or PPC marketing. This advertising method is a part of search engine marketing. This is where companies or organizations can drive traffic to their website and convert visitors into paying customers by bidding for an ad placement in the top pages of search engine results.
The benefits of PPC marketing for small businesses are numerous. Take a look at some of them here:
- PPC ads are one of the top three generators of on-page conversions, says an infographic from SERPwatch. If you are spending a dollar for every ad clicked, you will most probably receive twice that amount back once a sale is made.
- PPC advertising is one of those digital strategies that can be measured and tracked, from your budget to your return of investment. Most search engines have options to analytics, showing how your ads performed based on impressions, clicks, and conversions.
- In this advertising method, you will be able to see which ads are driving results for your budget and which ones aren’t. You can easily make the necessary tweaks to make them perform better and improve your results.
- PPC campaigns widen the playing field. Unlike SEO that takes years to truly take off, PPC gives you a quick and easy entry into the game, as long as you know how to optimize your ads. You can even target people beyond immediate followers and existing customers. PPC ads are wide-reaching and cast a wider net when it comes to new leads.
- PPC allows you to run geo-targeted ads. If most of your target customers are within the local area, advertising your product or service is made easier with PPC ads since it lets you decide which locations should show your ads. This narrows down your target market and ensures that those who do see your ads are relevant to your offerings.
- PPC helps develop brand awareness. One of the best benefits of PPC is developing and strengthening your brand awareness. PPC ads are easily distinguishable in search engine results, so even if users are not clicking on them and visiting your website, they are still exposed to your product or service, creating and building brand awareness.
Including PPC campaigns on your marketing mix can help you achieve your business goals as it is a tool that is both efficient and cost-effective if done right.
Learn more about the power and impact of PPC in the infographic below.
But if you haven’t already seen it, I recommend taking a look at our blog on SERPwatch. It has a lot more to offer than just the infographic.
About the Author
Founder of SERPwatch
Founder of SERPwatch.io Josh started building his experience in all things Internet since the beginning of 2000. A novice but aspiring developer, he lives and breathes SEO and loves to explore how the World Wide Web works.